I have been celebrating the first birthday of Christine’s Taste of Heaven this week. On Tuesday I shared a list of my personal favorite sweets from among those shared in the past year. That post might be a great starting place if you are looking for something especially tried and true. Also, if you haven’t checked it out yet, there is a fun giveaway mentioned at the end of the post, and you still have time to get entered for the drawing.
Today I thought I’d share a dozen of my favorite savory things from among those shared in the past year. I decided to limit myself to a dozen for each list, and it has been so hard to choose!
Click on the recipe title to be taken to the recipe. (These are in no particular order.)
- Asian Grilled Chicken. I LOVE this chicken. The flavors of the marinade just taste so good to me. This is what I chose to make for my own birthday meal last year if that tells you anything… Yum. Looking forward to the return of regular grilling season.
- Asian Glazed Skillet Chicken. Do you see a theme here? Chicken? Asian? Yeah, I guess those are my flavors. This is a great one pan chicken dish when it is not grilling season. The chicken is moist and so full of flavor.
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. Total comfort food right here. I love soup and this one tops my list. Substitute turkey if you prefer.
- Potato Skins. These are phenomenal–crispy and flavorful. The seasoning blend that gets brushed onto the potatoes is so tasty that you could probably leave off the bacon and cheese and still love them—not that I would ever go that far myself, but I’m just saying they are good. My kids, who are avid potato haters, LOVE these and request them frequently.
- Teriyaki Burger. I am so happy to have a delicious burger I can make at home. The grilled pineapple and the homemade teriyaki sauce take it over the top.
- Southwestern Egg Casserole. This is THEE best egg casserole I can recall ever having. So much flavor in this.
- Strawberry Spinach Salad. This salad is delicious AND pretty. There are so many favorites in here–grilled chicken, fresh fruit, the dressing, and the candied nuts, oh my.
- Creamy Sausage and Tomato Pasta. This is another meal I make as part of our regular rotation. The kids are happy. I’m happy. I especially love the flavor of the Italian sausage and basil.
- Grilled Vegetables. A summer favorite. The vegetables have a wonderful texture off the grill, and I love the flavor of the balsamic vinegar on them. I think this was the side dish I chose to go along with the Asian grilled chicken for my birthday.
- Fiesta Chicken Casserole. So quick and easy for such great flavor. You can substitute leftover turkey for the chicken at Thanksgiving.
- Ham and Potato Soup. Another comfort food. My favorite use for leftover ham.
- Caprese Salad. I am not sure why I love this salad so much, but it is truly one of my all-time favorite foods. It has caused me to start growing my own basil in my kitchen just so that I always have a supply of fresh basil. It can be made in a variety of sizes and formats to suit your situation and makes a great side dish or appetizer.
I hope you find something good to try, and I would LOVE to hear of any favorites you have already tried. Thank you for taking the time to visit Christine’s Taste of Heaven!