Key Lime Pie
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup key lime juice (see note below)
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked graham cracker crust, homemade or store bought, or 20 mini graham cracker crusts (Keebler)
- Garnish with lightly sweetened whip cream, lime slices, and/or lime zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the beaten egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, and lime juice in a large bowl. Mix very well.
- Pour into an unbaked graham cracker crust or 20 mini pie shells.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool (I like it best when it has chilled in the refrigerator for a while). Top with whip cream, lime slices, and/or lime zest. Keep refrigerated.
*You can juice fresh key limes if you have the patience for that, but my research has indicated that, in this case, the bottled key lime juice is just as good as the fresh juice. I use Nellie and Joe’s Famous Key Lime Juice that I find at Wal-mart in the canned and bottled juice aisle.
Source: Adapted from Allrecipes.com