Whether you are celebrating St. Urho’s Day today or St. Patrick’s Day tomorrow, these little truffles are a quick and festive treat. There are just three ingredients, but I always get rave reviews when I bring them to a gathering.
In February I shared cookie truffles with regular Oreos and Valentine sprinkles. These truffles are the same, only using the mint variety of Oreos and green sugar. As a big fan of mint, these are the ones I prefer.
Mint Oreo Truffles
- 1 package Mint Oreos (15.5 ounces), crushed
- 4-8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 8 ounces of chocolate of your choice, melted
- (optional: green sprinkles)
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine crushed Oreos and softened cream cheese. It is easiest to use your hands to combine the ingredients. (I used 8 ounces of cream cheese, but you can use less if you prefer the texture.)
- Use a cookie scoop, melon baller, or your hands to shape the dough into round balls. Place balls on the prepared baking sheet. When dough is all formed, put the cookie sheet of balls into the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- While the cookie balls are freezing, melt chocolate in a double boiler or low and slow in the microwave. If the chocolate seems too thick for dipping easily, add a teaspoon or so of shortening or vegetable oil to the chocolate and stir it in.
- Use a fork or tongs to dip each cookie ball into the melted chocolate and then return to the cookie sheet. Add sprinkles immediately, if using. When all of the truffles have been dipped, let them chill in the refrigerator until set, about 15 minutes. Source: Adapted from Chef in Training