I have already posted these nuts with the strawberry spinach salad I posted last spring, but they are seriously so good, I have to give them their own post.
Crunchy…sweet…buttery… Completely addictive.
A taste of heaven, if you will.
These are fabulous with the salad I mentioned. I also use them to garnish fall desserts such as pumpkin cheesecake or pumpkin bars or cupcakes. They are also a great snack for a fall party or as an appetizer sort of thing for people to munch on while they wait for the turkey to finish cooking on Thanksgiving.
I have also sprinkled these on a Christmas goodie tray or packaged them up to give as little gifts. And don’t forget, they are also wonderful just shoved in your mouth by the fistful for no particular reason other than that they are amazing.
Pecans are my preferred nut, but you can use whatever nut you like–almonds, cashews, walnuts, a mixture of different nuts, etc.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups nuts of your choice or a combination
- optional: 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and cinnamon in a non-stick skillet on medium to medium-high heat.
2. Stir the mixture together as it heats. Heat until the mixture is bubbling quite vigorously.
3. Add the nuts and stir to coat completely.
4. Continue cooking and stirring constantly for approximately 5-7 minutes until the nuts turn golden brown in color and smell toasted.
5. Transfer nuts to parchment or wax paper on a counter top or pan to cool and set. Try to spread the nuts apart into more of a single layer. (It’s not critical to separate them completely.)
6. When the nuts have cooled and set, break apart any big chunks and serve, use in a salad, or store in an airtight container.Source: Our Best Bites
Pingback: Pumpkin Cheesecake | Christine's Taste of Heaven
Pingback: Cinnamon-Sugar Baked Nuts | Christine's Taste of Heaven