I try to serve vegetables or fruit with almost every meal. My kids prefer green beans or sometimes a lettuce salad, but I get tired of having the same thing all the time. In the summer, I could eat grilled vegetables every day, but the rest of the year I need a little more variety. This cauliflower is a great option, and the kids even like it.
- 6 cups fresh cauliflower florets (about 1 large head), cut small (Tip: I used about 3/4 of a 3 pound bag of florets)
- 2-3 teaspoons of minced garlic or 3-4 chopped cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 2-3 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, not the stuff in the jar (optional: I’ve forgotten to add it before, and it was still very tasty)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Put chopped cauliflower into a 9 x 13 or similar sized baking pan or on a baking sheet.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. (Tip: I measured my olive oil into a glass measuring cup and then added and combined the other ingredients in the measuring cup.)
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the cauliflower and toss to coat. Bake for 25-35 minutes, turning florets every 10 minutes or so until cauliflower is tender. (Tip: Do not skip turning the florets occasionally. I was distracted the first time I made this and ended up with partially burned cauliflower.)
- Remove from oven and top with cheese and additional salt and pepper if desired. Best served immediately. Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave, but the cauliflower will get softer with each reheating.
Source: SkinnytasteShare This: